Rapture3D Advanced v2.8.0 Release Notes
Posted: 14 December 2016
Rapture3D Advanced v2.8.0 is now available.
Changes since the last release are:
- Add modern Auro-3D 13.1 support to Rapture3D Advanced.
- Swap channels 11 and 12 (Top Ceiling and Height Front Centre) in Auro-3D 11.1 layout in Rapture3D Advanced so Top Ceiling always appears last.
- After a software upgrade, Rapture3D Advanced will now recover custom layouts from previous installations. Decoders will need to be regenerated.
- AES69 import in Rapture3D Advanced now accepts SOFA input files with the version number set to 1.0 (as per the released AES standard).
- Small improvement to VST plugin initialisation speed.
- Add support for SN3D to the Rapture3D Player. Files up to 7th order can be handled, although CPU load may prohibit this. Actual rendering order depends on the decoder and is up to 4th order for most Rapture3D User presets, 5th order for most Rapture3D Advanced presets and 7th order for Rapture3D Advanced custom decoders.
- Add "Surround 7.1.2 (Dolby Atmos)" preset to Rapture3D Advanced.
- Add switch to VST plugins allowing use of FuMa or SN3D (ACN) input.
- Relabel VST plugins from "TOA" to "O3A" and assign new VST plugin IDs to allow simultaneous use of old and new plugins.
- Playback test buttons in layout applications now uses audio playback buffer settings.
- Add 'Delete Layout' button to Rapture3D Advanced.