Gaming And VR
Cutting Edge 3D Sound for Gaming and Virtual Reality
Our gaming solutions use variants of our Rapture3D Higher Order Ambisonic (HOA) rendering and decoding engine. They can produce 3D audio of a quality well beyond what stereo or conventional surround sound panning systems can deliver, on a range of different speaker layouts, or headphones. In addition to conventional "object" based audio, Rapture3D can play 3D audio assets prepared using our pro audio studio products.
Different versions of Rapture3D offer different software interfaces to the games they support, but share the same core HOA decoding technology, which is also used in our pro audio product range. An OpenAL implementation is included in Rapture3D "Advanced", and the Rapture3D Universal SDK uses a custom buffer-based interface.
The Rapture3D Universal SDK
The Rapture3D Universal Software Development Kit (SDK) uses a highly optimised version of the Rapture3D engine, with some advanced new features. It targets gaming and Virtual Reality, and is designed to work well with our O3A studio plugins, which allow detailed off-line editing of high resolution 3D audio scenes.
Rapture3D Universal comes with a range of preset decoders that are embedded directly into the software library used. This makes it much simpler to deploy, even onto a wide range of mobile devices. Rather than managing your audio hardware, Rapture3D Universal is buffer-based, allowing more flexible audio routing.
The software development kit hopefully provides everything you need to integrate Rapture3D into your game or Virtual Reality experience. C# scripts are provided which make it easy to integrate into Unity.
Rapture3D Universal is a high performance buffer-based DSP software library for realtime 3D audio rendering in gaming and Virtual Reality.
It is designed to work well with our O3A studio plugins, which allow detailed off-line editing of 3D audio scenes for use in linear or interactive content, or directly with objects in the game scene.
- Software development kit (SDK) ready to be used in your game or VR experience.
- A new mixing workflow for Virtual Reality.
- Conventional 3D "object" game audio plus advanced HOA support.
- Many output formats including stereo, 5.1, 7.1, and a variety of HRTFs for binaural.
- Spectacularly fast SSE/NEON-optimised audio core.
- Support for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android.
- Native C/C++ or Unity support.
Flexible, high quality 3D audio for professional film and music production and presentation, installations, VR and gaming.
- Advanced speaker layout configuration with flexible support for custom speaker layouts using many speakers.
- AAX and VST2 Plugins for advanced ambisonic decoding in the studio.
- Rapture3D OpenAL Driver for use with compliant OpenAL games and other software.
- High quality Higher Order Ambisonic bus running at up to fifth order.
- Rapture3D Ambisonic Player.
- 3D headphone surround (using five HRTFs for different head shapes).
- Preset speaker layouts including stereo, 5.1, 7.1, 3D7.1, Auro-3D, 22.2, Cube and more.
- On Windows, Microsoft DirectSound or Steinberg ASIO audio output (for access to studio grade audio hardware).
- On macOS, CoreAudio support.
This product does not include the Rapture3D Universal SDK or Unity support.