Rapture3D v2.6.2 Released
Posted: 19 February 2014
Rapture3D v2.6.2 / v12.6.2 is now available.
The main changes are:
- Provide a more useful message when Windows sound card settings cannot be changed (user and game editions only).
- Remove the 'Vista' 5.1 option as this is now the default on modern Windows systems. Introduce "Surround 5.1 (ITU, Compat.)" mode for use on XP systems (XP doesn't have an ITU option in Windows Control Panel). Users currently using "Surround 5.1 (ITU)" or "Surround 5.1(Vista ITU)" may wish to check their settings after upgrading.
- Small improvement to "Simplified HRTF (Amber)" headphone method.
- Improved VST compatibility with Cubase (advanced edition only).
- Ensure VST GUI always updates on changes (advanced edition only).
- Add support for the 10.2 speaker layout to the advanced edition.