Rapture3D Advanced v2.8.3 Released
Posted: 2 August 2017
Main change list:
- Decoder generation bass handling has been improved, resulting in minor changes to a number of speaker decoders.
- Managed bass channels are now included when choosing the listening volume for decoder optimisation.
- Refinement to listening volume calculation to handle off-centre rigs better.
- Sharper bass management crossover in some circumstances.
- If an adequate number of managed bass speakers are present Rapture3D Advanced will now spatialise the bass band using a reconstruction decoder (Reconstruction and Tinted Reconstruction decoder methods only).
- Rapture3D Advanced AES69 import now handles SI units not expressed in lower case.
- Improved decoder frequency balance in arrays with speakers at different distances.
- Allow subwoofers to be given the "Inactive" role.
- Add "External" to bass crossover options, to avoid doubling up of crossovers.
- Internal changes to plugin label management.
- Upgrade macOS build to wxWidgets version 3.0.2.
- Changes to GUI startup procedure in stand-alone programs to handle issue on macOS where a popup window on startup could result in the GUI becoming unresponsive.
- Expose more logging relating to format libraries.
- Reduce memory use during decoder generation.
- Rapture3D Advanced AES69 import now examines the polarity of the impulse data explicitly and changes it if it appears inverted.
- Minor change to weighting of Amber HRTF.
- Simplify Windows registry access.
- Rapture3D Advanced AES69 import now has very slightly improved coupling between left and right ears.