TOA Plugins v1.2.0 Released
Posted: 9 June 2016
Version 1.2.0 of the TOA VST plugins is now out and includes ten new plugins! There is a new "brickwall" limiter, a pair of ambience upmixers, support for the Auro-3D 13.1 and YouTube Spatial Audio formats, a new "shaped" convolution reverb and more.
This release includes the following:
- Change the default HF rolloff in the "TOA Zoom" plugin to 0.1.
- Add "TOA Zoom XYZ" to the TOA Manipulators library.
- Improve slew behaviour in TOA Directional Emphasis.
- Improve handling of extremely loud signals in meters.
- Correct GUI dial scale range in TOA Directional Emphasis (affects graphics only).
- Add TOA Stereo Ambience" to the TOA Upmixers library.
- Add "TOA Mono Ambience" to the TOA Upmixers library.
- Add "TOA Upmixer - Auro-3D 13.1" to the TOA Upmixers library.
- Add "TOA Decoder - Auro-3D 13.1" to the TOA Decoding library.
- Swap channels 11 and 12 (Top Ceiling and Height Front Centre) in the Auro-3D 11.1 layout so Top Ceiling always appears last (affects both decoding and upmixing).
- Add "TOA Decoder - Quad Binaural" to the TOA Decoding library (only recommended if your VR runtime cannot play ambisonics).
- Bugfix to latency compensation for dry path of "TOA Reverb - Convolution".
- Bugfix to handling of change of sample rate in "TOA Reverb - Convolution".
- Add "TOA Reverb - Shaped Convolution" to the TOA Reverb library.
- Rework TOA Shoebox "pace" calculation. This slightly changes behaviour, but provides various advantages including greater consistency at different sample rates.
- Add "TOA Decoder - To YouTube" and "TOA Injector - From YouTube" to the TOA Core library.
- Improve handling of out-of-range control values.
- Improve contrast for some plugin backgrounds.
- Change default parameters for MS5 reverb to match "Large Hall" preset.
- Speed up some graphics routines.
- Add a "TOA Brickwall" limiter plugin to the TOA Decoding library.
Note that the changes to channel ordering in the Auro-3D 11.1 plugins above will impact existing projects. Depending on your project, you might also hear a slight difference in the TOA Shoebox and TOA Reverb - Convolution plugins (see above) so go carefully with these too.